Health Reimbursement Arrangement

The following is from the Ford Blue Oval Connect. Please get the message out to as many retirees as you can, particularly the elderly, sick and those who have caregivers that may not be aware of this benefit:

Are You On Medicare and Have Yet to Use Your HRA?
Medicare salaried retirees, spouses and same-sex domestic partners of retirees, and surviving spouses are enrolled in the Health Reimbursement Arrangement, also known as the HRA. The HRA is an account that has been established for your use to help offset the costs associated with your out-of-pocket health care expenses. Each year, up to U.S. $1,800 is credited into your HRA for each eligible participant. Your unused balance carries over from year to year.

Records we have received from WageWorks, the HRA administrator, show that some retirees have not yet made any claims for reimbursement from their HRA accounts.

If you have eligible health care expenses, including your out-of-pocket costs for health care insurance plan premiums or Medicare Part B premiums, you can be reimbursed up to the amount credited in your HRA. You can even submit eligible expenses that you incurred in previous years going back to the effective date you were enrolled in the HRA.

If you need help getting started, please call WageWorks at 1-866-840-0911 for assistance or information on how to get started for reimbursement of your eligible out-of-pocket expenses. Also, if you know of a fellow retirees who has not used their HRA account, please encourage them to contact WageWorks to get started.